In order to fulfill the Health Information and Patient Privacy Act (HIPPA) requirements, your information and treatment records in this office meet federal privacy guidelines. Among other things, this means my computer files are protected while, at the same time, the files are easily accessible upon your request.
Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information
A. Uses and Disclosures
B. Appointment Reminders
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
A. Uses and Disclosures:
Here are some examples of how we might have to use or disclose your health care information:
- Your acupuncturist or staff member may have to disclose your health information including all of your clinical records to another health care provider or hospital if it is necessary to refer you to them for diagnosis, assessment, or treatment.
- Our insurance and billing staff may have to disclose your examination and treatment records and your billing records to another party, such as an insurance carrier, an attorney, an HMO, a PPO, or your employer, if they are potentially responsible for the payment of your services.
- Your acupuncturist or staff members may need to use your health information, examination and treatment records and your billing records for quality control purposes or for other administrative purposes to effectively run our practice.
- Your acupuncturist or staff members may need to use your name, address, phone number, and your clinical records to contact you to provide appointment reminders, information about treatment alternatives, or other health related information that may be of interest to you. If you are not home to receive an appointment reminder, a message will be left on your answering machine.
You have the right to refuse to give us authorization to contact you to provide appointment reminders, information about treatment alternatives, or other health related information. If you do not give us authorization, it will not affect the treatment we provide to you or the methods we use to obtain reimbursement for your care.
You may inspect or copy the information that we use to contact you to provide appointment reminders, information about treatment alternatives, or other health related information at any time.
B. Appointment Reminders:
Your acupuncturist and members of the practice staff may need to use your name, address, phone number, and your clinical records to contact you with appointment reminders, information about treatment alternatives, or other health related information that may be of interest to you. If this contact is made by phone and you are not at home or work, a message will be left on your answering machine. By signing this form, you are giving us authorization to contact you with these reminders and information.
From time to time our practice works with marketing organizations to make you aware of products or services that you may have an interest in purchasing. We may need to use your health information including your name, address, phone number, and your clinical records for the purpose of marketing products and services to you. The authorization form you sign for this purpose contains the name of the organization and/or products and services we are marketing.
You have the right to refuse to give us authorization to contact you for marketing purposes. If you do not give us authorization it will not affect the treatment we provide to you or the methods we use to obtain reimbursement for your care.
You may inspect or copy the information that we use to market products and/or services to you at any time. Our practice and staff will receive direct or indirect remuneration from our marketing activities.
Our Privacy Pledge:
We have, and always will, respect your privacy. Other than the uses and disclosures we describe above, we will not sell or provide any of your health information to any outside marketing organization.
Permitted uses and disclosures without your consent or authorization:
Under federal law, we are permitted or required to use or disclosure your health information without your consent or authorization in these following circumstances:
- We are permitted to use or disclose your health information if we are providing health care services to you based on the orders of another health care provider.
- We are permitted to use or disclose your health information if we provide health care services to you as an inmate.
- We are permitted to use or disclose your health information if we provide health care services to you in an emergency.
- We are permitted to use or disclose your health information if we are required by law to treat you and we are unable to obtain consent after attempting to do so.
- We are permitted to use or disclosure your health information if there are substantial barriers to communicating with you, but in our professional judgment we believe that you intend for us to provide care.
Last Updated: January 2017
What We Collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us
We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website that linked you to our site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of www.sandrahealingarts.com, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal data collected: Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA.
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Use Of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.